Adult Programs & Conferences
MRCC sponsors numerous retreats and programs for adults, serving both religious and lay people of all faiths. School faculties, parish and church groups, and ecumenical, civic and professional groups have enjoyed MRCC hospitality for retreats and conferences. Adult groups are also welcome to use our facilities while providing their own programs.
Standard Weekend Retreats
Days of Recollection
The Marianist Retreat and Conference Center is the perfect place to hold your next meeting or conference. Our main conference room holds up to 100 people and includes a state-of-the-art audiovisual system. (See services available from above link.) We also have several breakout rooms for small group work, individual study, reflection, or for relaxation. Whether your gathering is a one day event or a three day overnight function, our facilities will meet all of your needs. In addition to the many wonderful culinary options in our dining room, we offer single occupancy rooms for our guests with individual showers and bathrooms. And finally, our 120 acres campus has access to some of the prettiest trails, streams, a river, and cliffs in the St. Louis area!
We welcome you to our center and we want you to feel at home while you are here. If anyone needs anything please ask one of the staff.
- Furniture may be moved but needs to be put back before leaving
- Each group brings their own supplies
- Available to groups:
- Dry erase board
- Flip chart
- Stereo system
- A complete A/V system (See AV from above)
- Under normal circumstances no food or drink in the conference room unless using MRCC cups with lids.
- If group needs to have food or drink it must be requested at time of reservation.
- Cleaning fee will be charged if that is needed when a group leaves.
- Candles can be used with appropriate containers. ($50 charge for spilt wax.)
- Chairs may be moved but must be put back before leaving.
- Altar and lectern are not to be moved with checking with staff first.
- Candles may be used only if they are in glass containers or other containers that will not drip wax
- The center does not provide candles other than those used for the Eucharist
- Vestments, chalices, hosts (large), wine are available for use
- Other items may be used with permission from the center staff
- Lights need to be turned off when the chapel is not in use
- Food is served buffet style
- Snacks and drinks are available throughout the day.
- If snacks are food is taken from the dining room, please use disposable containers.
- No one is allowed in the kitchen. If something is needed, go to the door and ask one of the cooks for what is needed.
- There is a small white refrigerator in the dining room. If anyone needs to store medicine or food, please use this refrigerator.
- Shoes must be worn in the dining room. That is state law for restaurants.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the dorm areas
- Directions for vacating a room are in the welcoming notebook in each guest room
- If extra blankets or pillows are needed, check the utility room. If it is not there, ask one of the center staff members.
- There is a half-court basketball court and horseshoe pits behind MaryCliff house.
- There is a sand volleyball court on the athletic field. Volleyballs are available at the retreat center.
- When walking the grounds, it is best to stay on the paths. Otherwise chiggers, ticks, poison ivy etc. are good possibilities. We STRONGLY advise that you spray yourself before going outside.
- There is bug spray at the front and side doors.
- If your shoes get muddy, please wipe them off or take them off before entering the building.
- Medical supplies are to be found in the copy room, in the cabinet under the pa system
- There is a library off the lower lobby. Please feel free to use the books while you are here. Please return them before you leave.
- No smoking is allowed anywhere in the building.
- Smoking is allowed in the patio areas.
The retreat center offers a variety of recreational activities for our guests to enjoy during their free time:
- Sand Volleyball: We have a brand new knockout regulation sand volleyball court, an exciting new addition to our range of services.
- We also have an outdoor basketball court, a ping-pong table, washers, and an athletic field for touch football or soccer.
- Over 3 miles of hiking trails meandering through our 100+ acres are scenic and relaxing.
- The Al Foster trail borders the eastern portion of our property and offers many scenic wiles for walking running or riding bikes.