4000 Highway 109    Eureka, MO 63025    636-938-5390

OUR TRADITION OF SERVICE

              ABOUT THE MARIANISTS

           THE MARIANIST DOXOLOGY

MAY THE FATHER, AND THE SON AND THE HOLY SPIRIT BE GLORIFIED IN ALL PLACES THROUGH THE IMMACULATE VIRGIN MARY

the Society of Mary (Marianists), founded in France in 1837 by Blessed William Joseph Chaminade, is an international religious order of priests and brothers. More than 600 serve in the Province of the United States which includes India, Eastern Africa, and Mexico. In the U.S., the Marianists sponsor three universities, 18 high schools, 10 parishes, and five retreat centers. the Marianists have had a presence in the United States since 1849.

ABOUT THE MARIANIST RETREAT AND CONFERENCE CENTER

Sponsored by the Society of Mary, the Marianist Retreat and Conference Center has been serving the spiritual and educational needs of youth and adults for more than 40 years, since it was established in 1967. Staffed by both religious and lay professionals, MRCC is known for its hospitality and quality of service.

Over the years, more than 75,000 elementary and secondary students from throughout the St Louis area and beyond have shared faith and prayer at MRCC. In addition, many thousands of adults have opened themselves to the spirit here through group, individually directed, or private retreats.

From the year 1891, the family of Alfred Carr, an executive with the the Missouri-Pacific Railroad Company, and Angelica Yeatman Carr, daughter of notable St. Louisan James E. Yeatman took ownership and built the first form of the house which is now MaryCliff. The property remained in the Carr family until 1943, when the family sold the property to the Brewers’ and Malsters’ Benevolent Association. Underutilized as a club house, they kept the land only seven years, when it was sold to the Society of Mary in 1950.

Priests and brothers of the Marianist Order have resided on the property ever since. Marycliff (nick-named “The Hill”) housed the Second Novitiate from 1951-1966, the Provincialate from 1966-1974, and the St. Louis Province Novitiate 1973-77 (the latter two with joint occupancy 1973-1974).